Monday 18 June 2012


And journey begins...

Again my journey begins with the city of strangers where i'm physically present but my soul is still in the city that was stranger for me once.





It was August 15, 2010 when i came to Bhopal with lots of passion and spirit of Journalism. The city seemed me to be full of strangers and it seemed quite tough to spend my days there. New college, new home and new friends, everything was new for me and i felt quite nervous and uncomfortable everywhere. Everyday i wished to go back to my home town but the spirit of Journalism did not let me leave the city. Whenever i talked to my friends, i abused the city. I complained that Bhopal is too boring. I cursed that yaha k log bahut bure hai, yaha ka khana-pina bahut ganda hai, loi achi jagah nai hai, kuch b acha nai hai. I had horrible dreams at night in the city (today i have fairy dreams in the city) and everyday i called my mother to call me back at home. 
Gradually i spent my two years in the city where everything seemed me too strange, new and uncomfortable. I have earned lots of love and affection of several friends, teachers and roommate in those two years. I have become habitual of the life of the city. 
Finally, the day comes when i have to leave the city (Bhopal) after two years and i have chance to go back to the other city. While leaving the city, again the same feeling knocked the door of my heart that i felt before two years back (when i was leaving my home town). I felt that i was losing a part of my body and wished, kaash koi rok le yaar. 
However the city was stranger for me and i hated everything of the city, but today i'm in love with the city and want to reside here. But its another truth of life that we have to accept the changes either good or bad and that is called Profession. The only difference is, today i want to go back to the city that was stranger for me once (Bhopal) and that time i wished to go back to my home town. It seems too strange na, the place that was totally strange for me and where i was feeling alone, has become my second home town today. Now whenever i use to get holidays or week off, i like to visit the city that is my second home town . I wish the same situation would arise again when i will be leaving the current city in future. 

1 comment:

  1. :) happens but i'm pretty sure that you'll get so much indulged in your work that this gloominess won't overpower you :) and yes eagerly waiting for you in your second hometown
    love and bug hug

    ReplyDelete