Wednesday 4 July 2012



‘let’s go honey, if you run I will run, if you rest I will also take rest’


I’m feeling good to say hello after such a long time on my scribble. Well, I took DNA Indore and read an article “Deserted Child Brought to MYH” on Tuesday. I read the entire article with interest and it made me curious to know more about the issue. Through the article I came to know that MYH has received 40 deserted newly born (for your information MYH is the most popular and biggest hospital of the city). Reading the article, curiosity pushed me towards Google uncle to read old editions of the newspaper and find out more about it.


Education and Fetidness: Best buddy forever

 Last week there was an article in DNA-Indore which informed that two jars containing eight foetuses and one uterus preserved in formalin were found thrown in an open drainage. The foetuses were two to six months old and most probably it was thrown by some medical establishment by violating the guidelines. Anyway, I searched for few more articles related to the topic and read an article in the Times of India, “After Rape, It’s Foeticide Capital Too.” The article stated that as per the NCRB report total 132 cases of foeticide were reported in country in 2011 and Madhya Pradesh tops with 38 cases. There is increase of 20 cases as compared to the last year.

Fetidness figure

Year   total cases in the country   cases in MP  
2010             111                                 18
2011             132                                 38
2012            expected to be double*


Now i was eager to find out the literacy rate of MP as well as of the country. India's effective literacy rate has recorded a rise of 9.2 percent and it has reached 74.4 percent according to the census 2011. The literacy rate has improved sharply among the female as compared to the males.


Literacy rate

Year      India      MP
2001     64.84     60.53
2011     74.40     70.60

There were 914 girls born for every 1,000 boys under the age of six (census 2011) as compared to 927 girls for every 1,000 boys (census 2001) while in the field of education there was good news as census showed the literacy rate going up.
Reading both the fact I was puzzled between the figures. I noticed that the literacy rate of our country as well as that of Madhya Pradesh is increasing slowly and at the same time the cases of women foeticide has also showed a slight growth. I feel education and women foeticide, which is a crime and experts excuses that it happens due to illiteracy, are best buddy. Both (education and foeticide) says  ‘let’s go honey, if you run I will run, if you rest I will also take rest’. :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment