Sunday 8 July 2012




Ye Daulat Bhii Le Lo,Ye Shoharat Bhii Le Lo
Bhale Chhiin Lo Mujhase Merii Javaanii
Magar Mujhako Lautaa Do Bachapan Kaa Saavan
Vo Kaagaz Kii Kashtii, Vo Baarish Kaa Paanii
Jagjit Singh



Gone are the days when I was too much fascinated by the rain and enthusiastically used to enjoy it for hours. I would get drenched in rain and would make myself comfortable with a mug of coffee. And of course the petrichor cannot be missed and it use to be one of my favorite smells. Petrichor would make me relax like anything. 

Like every year, this year too I planned several things to welcome the rain shower and i was eagerly waiting for the monsoon to celebrate it. Every day I would check newspapers for monsoon news. Everyday i use to pray “Please God baarish kara do…” and finally one day it rained. Wahoo!  Monsoon has finally arrived, drenching the entire city in the happy and joyous mood.
But why it did not bring happiness for me this time? I waited for monsoon for a quite long time but when it arrived, i didn't feel like going out. There is nothing interesting with the rain drops, this time and also i'm not getting a 'feel good' factor. Instead of bringing happiness it has, in fact, washed away those happiness and hope to which was with me since a long time.
I didn't like the petrichore this time and surprisingly, i didn't sit on my window with a mug of coffee. I'm not enjoying the pearl like rain drops, neither the wind. Even i'm no more interested in the greenery spread out in the park nor the sweet chirping. 



While sitting in my balcony, i was reminded of my good ol' days where i use to own a boat, of course a paper boat. I would play with my friends and compete whose boat will not sink first. At the time, my little heart was so innocence that it was happy and contented with my owning a boat. I had no dreams, ambition or passion to chase. Chasing always meant the chor in the game chor-police. I would cry for chocolates, balloons and other stupid things because i use to consider them as part of my life. 
The only that i miss today is the time spent with my friends and parents. I miss the days where i would wander without any desire, responsibility, worry like a free spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment