Friday 17 August 2012



My I’Day

I still remember my school days when I used to be fascinating for the Independence day celebration and having high spirit of patriotism. I participated in the cultural programmes that held in our school campus and also marched the parade with flags and banners.
That time, we believed that the most forefront position you have in the parade, the most intelligent and superior student you are. We gossiped with our friend, "Wo sir ki favourate student hai to usko front banner de diya aur hame line me piche khada kar diya."
I remembered all these things on Wednesday morning when I was sleeping soundly. Suddenly patriotic song, “Mere Desh Ki Dharti…” came to my ears and I murmured, “Oh its 15th August, its holiday…!” J And happiness of holiday let me continued to sleep into my bed till 12 o’clock. When I came to my balcony with a cup of coffee, I saw that children were chuckling with flags into their hand and they were looking decent in white coloured uniforms. It was complusory  for them to be present in the school. Of course they have reason…they would get sweets for free of cost. I think there is nothing as precious as sweets for the children.

Anyway, all these things remained me my school days when I used to be eager for the sweets. And today, all such things seemed to me so funny that I laughed at the children who were marching parade for hours. They were raising the mugged up slogans, “Bharat Mata Ki Jai, Desh Amar Rahe” etc. I’m sure half of them were unaware of the reason behind celebrating the Independence Day.  
All the government buildings and political belongings were brightly decorated with electric lights and flag. Everyone enjoyed the day in several ways. For some it was the day to watch the latest released movie ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ while for some it was day to go for outing with their family members. Some people were also busy in bagging clothes and other household articles (obviously there were high discounts on each brands at the shopping mall)J. But I did not know how to celebrate the day. There was nothing new for me. I neither did shopping nor enjoyed the movie. The only thing I feel on the day was liberty from all the responsibilities and stress. I slept all the day and enjoyed yummy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment