Tuesday 21 August 2012



Top of the world…!



How amazing it is to be at the top of the world? Really I felt the same when I was at the highest peak of Satpura range. Since childhood, whatever I read in the books and watched in television, all that has become true when I met with 'queen of satpura'. My never-dying love for the city has been increased much more after visiting the place.
Yes I’m talking about the highest point of central India region (4,430 ft above) which is popularly known as “Pachmarhi”. The place is really rich in rare flora and fauna that leaves me in awe. J
I started the journey with few friends at early morning of Sunday (5:30) for the hill station that is hardly 200 km away from the Bhopal. Weather was cloudy, trees were dancing thoroughly and of course we were hungry L While moving towards the place we looked for several shops where we could have breakfast but we did not find the place.
On the way, we were just 10 km away from the destination and suddenly we were surrounded with the dark fog. I was forced to fall for them as it was awesome picture. I was totally blank when I didn’t find any gap between the river and sky (due to the fog). It seemed to me that neither there was sky nor land, everywhere was fog. Even we could not see each other. Gradually we headed our vehicle at the deserted road and found a little congested town between green valleys. We rented rooms to stay there and got refreshment. As it was 12o’ clock, we went for the nearby spots on the day.
Next day, early morning we left for the Chauragarh that included three spots : Bada Mahadev, Gupt Mahadev and the peak point of the hill. Bada Mahadev is a ultimate place where a Shivling is situated somewhere in a cave. A small fountain was also there. Combination of the idol of lord Shiva and fountain reminded me about the stories of Hindu God and Goddess that I heard in childhood. As per the stories, in ol’ days, when lady saint used to bath under the water fall, God or other passer peep for them through the bush and made love. After that the partner saint of the lady came and cursed the male, ‘ tumne dharm bhrast kiya hai, agale janam me tum daitya banoge”  J 

Gupt Mahadev is a place where lord Shiva is situated in a little bit gap of two huge rocks. I entered into the gap of rocks like a lizard as it was too dark and there was not enough space to walk freely. On the mid way, I was too much scared that I shouted, “Muje bahar nikalna hai, I don’t want to go there” but other travelers did not let me move outside while they motivated me to proceed and shouted, " Har-har mahadev...1". Finally, I completed the short distance and got the darshan of Gupt Mahadev. J
Then we started to climb at the mountain for Chauragarh. We were too much hungry as well as tired. My legs were not allowing me to put a step forward but I kept them motivated. Each steps were leaving me into oh,aahh,ouch…! but I continued the climbing.  On the way, we asked with each and every passer who was returning from the top, “Abhi kitna aur chalna hai?” and made faces when they informed about the everlasting distance. After 3 and half hour we reached at the top of the mountain where an old temple of lord Shiva was situated. I felt too much religious and prayed to the God. At the top of hill, complementing magnificence of nature gave me the pleasure that I never had. My eyes remained close, mouth was open and arms were stretched. I shouted, “Wao…!”, breathed deeply and tried to absorb the air into my arms. It was really a pleasant scene that has been captured into my lenses (eyes) forever. I felt that I was at the top of the world. 
 The mesmerizing colours of sunset and sunrise of Dhupgarh (highest peak of Satpura) is really amazing. However there are several waterfalls that would be my favourite one but unfortunately I could not visit that.

During the journey, I personally realize that monkeys are the king of the place as they have constitutional right to seize your belongings. Even you have to offer eatables (prasad) to the monkeys instead of the God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment